Monday, October 29, 2007

Starry, Starry Night

So I have a friend that absolutely fell in love with all the round ripple blankets I've been working on. I promised her one when I was done with all the prayer/Christmas blankets for those kids whose parents abandoned them. But now that I'm finished with those, I decided to go ahead with her round ripple. They usually only take me 2 or 3 days to do one. If I were able to sit down and crochet at will instead of having to chase around and feed and change and bathe the 2 rug rats I have....then it would only take me probably about a matter of 8 or 9 hours per blanket. Anyhow, when this friend and I had lived together, I had made her a pink blanket. And I don't mean just pink, I mean pink! There were at least 3 shades of pink. And that's my absolute least favorite color! LOL So she said she wanted pink and black. (Hey, at least there would be black to break up the monotony of pink this time!) But she changed her mind. She decided she'd rather have the color used in Van Gogh's Starry, Starry Night instead. I think I picked adequate colors....I guess I won't really be able to tell, though, until it's completed and I get the full effect of the blanket. I really hope it turns out well!!!





No comments: