Wednesday, December 26, 2007

IT'S DONE!!!!!

I am soooooooooo excited and happy and thrilled and just.....I love the feeling of accomplishment when I finish something. It's indescribable. I finally finished my "Starry, Starry Night" blanket!!! I don't really like to work on a project for that long. Not when there's so much dead time in there where I don't even touch the project. (Like this time, the whole time Arick was home in the in between from Korea to Italy....didn't touch it. I barely touched it when I was in Colorado for Thanksgiving...then there's the whole moving thing...I've not done much with it during the moving process, either.) But now it's finally done! I only started it in October! LOL But I'm actually quite proud of it! I think it looks phenomenal. (I almost don't want to give it away....LOL) And it's huge! In fact, I went to take an overhead picture of it, and the camera was touching the ceiling before I could even get the whole blanket in the shot! LOL So I had to do one from an angle too, but then you can see that I couldn't get it to lay flat....lol But here are the pictures of it:



Another accomplishment.....I finished the pair of crocheted socks! My first ever attempt! I'm incredibly proud of how they turned out! I made them as a part of a crochet-along on Cafemom, and I decided that since my mother-in-law was the only one that I hadn't been able to find anything for at that time, and she's always cold, I figured it made sense to give her the slipper socks for Christmas! And I was right. :) Turns out, she was very pleased with them, and her reaction of "you made these?!" was one I love getting as much as I love the sense of accomplishment of finishing a project! (I need to get a picture with better lighting, because they look a lot darker than they really are, but here are a couple of pictures of the finished pair):



And here's a better picture of the actual color of them (back when I only had one sock done):



Needless to say, I'm incredibly satisfied with my latest creations, and am very much looking forward to starting and finishing whatever pops into my head next! Merry Christmas to all!

No comments: