Friday, January 4, 2008

Friendship Blankets

I'm so super excited for this project I just started! At Cafemom, we started a new group revolving around making blankets as a group. We all make one (or two, if we can't get enough people in the group) square(s), send it to each of the other people in the group, and then use each of the squares we get to make a blanket! I just started mine today, and have decided that I am going to use the colors red, white and blue. I think it's a good color choice for a military wife. :) And I've decided that I'm going to try and make each square different from each other so that each blanket is even more unique! I can't wait to have my finished blanket!

Oh! And to top it all off, I went to a small town Wal-Mart looking for some more pink yarn to work on a current project, and they didn't have it (bummer) but what they did have was expensive yarn on clearance! I bought some specialty yarn that's normally $3 a "skein" (and I put skein in quotes because they're the itty-bitty ones...the ones I normally wouldn't pay that much for so little yarn).....I got for $1 a "skein"!!!! AND on top of that, there were a couple of crochet booklets (with 15-ish patterns in each) for $1 a piece! And if that wasn't enough, there was a whole box full of just free patterns! (You know, the kind that you tear off and take one for free? Yeah, a box full of those "booklets"!) I really hit the goldmine tonight! I am one happy "hooker"! ("Hooker" being a term, in this case, that is synonymous with "crafter," not "whore"! LOL)

No comments: