Thursday, August 14, 2008

Blasted hat...

I'm finally on my last entry for the Hat Dash in the Ravelympics....over halfway done with it....and I'm stumped. Ugh. I've looked around to see if anyone else has had any problems with it, but I can't seem to find anyone that has, so i guess I'm just counting wrong or weird or...something. But it's driving me crazy! I thought it looked like it was too big....but I kept plugging away anyway. Now I'm on row 15 of 21 (and that's not counting the 6 rows of brim) and I have something like 24 stitches too many! How the heck does that happen?! I guess what I don't get is that I've been over and over and over this, checking with the pattern, re-counting my stitches, examining each row, checking with the pattern again, and I just can't find where I messed up! Maybe it's the late hour....maybe it's the staring at yarn and counting stitches...maybe it's, aw, I don't know. I guess there's only one solution: Give it up for the night and try again tomorrow. What a novel idea....but then again, we all know that I am incapable of doing that. How sad is it that I would lose sleep over this issue....I'd better check over it again....

Oh....I see my mistake. And boy, do I feel stupid for it.....just had to unravel back through row 11...that's a lot of stitches! But my problem was that I continued to do the dc and the fpdc on the previous row's fpdc (and here's the kicker) instead of following the directions. I hate misreading things....maybe I should just not watch TV while I have to count or actually read a pattern to create something....that seems to be my downfall...ugh...but at least I'll know better the next time I make this hat! :D

No comments: