Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Dish on Dishcloths

I just finished my second ever dishcloth! :)



I really enjoy working with cotton yarn...it's so soft! And I'm loving the bamboo needles! I can't seem to get the cast on tension to be the same as the cast off, unfortunately, which makes for some...interesting...shapes. I wonder if there's a secret to that...Anyway, I stumbled across the pattern for this dishcloth while I was looking around The Leaky Cauldron for ideas and resources for the sock swap...there's one row that looks a little strange, but that's because I had to frog some of it due to a mis-count and when I put the stitches back on the needle, I accidentally twisted them. Unfortunately, I didn't realize it until I was almost done. :( So this dishcloth will have to stay imperfect, which also means I can't give it as a gift. And yes, I am that anal. LOL I changed the border to the dishcloth just because I liked the border on the snitch dishcloth better, and I also added a few extra rows to make it taller. And for some reason, I can't find my crochet hooks! They seem to have gone AWOL on me, and that is not good! Therefore, I've not yet been able to weave in the ends...nor can I start on the ear flap hats that I wanted to for my boys! Double :( . Maybe I'll try my first ever socks instead...

No comments: