Saturday, September 13, 2008

House elves and owl deliveries

The term has just started, but I was still already up all night with my nose in a book...I've heard that Potions can be a killer subject. But there I was, falling asleep on my book, when I saw what turned out to be our very own house elf! At first I was indignant that we had our own elf, but Haxal seemed quite content to be so subservient. I guess being one in a long line of house elves would brainwash anyone. Not to mention that she's been at it a few years. Maybe I could get an inside view of the house elves' oppression to make for a stronger argument for S.P.E.W. Hmmm...we'll have to see.

In other news, I was nearly overwhelmed by owls today! I feel like I"ve been spoiled already! I was bombarded with not one, not even two, but THREE packages! :D Granted, two of them are because of things (mainly yarn) that I ordered online, but I still love it when they come in! The third package was my prize for completing the most projects in the Ravelympics in Team Hogwarts. :)



They're my first *ever* stitch markers! I *love* them! :D Nearly all of my muggle friends think I'm off my rocker for getting so excited over this stuff...LOL THANK YOU for my package! :D


Now I think that since the homework assigned from my first day is done, I'll set about learning how to enchant some needles so I can make so hats for S.P.E.W.! :)

No comments: