Tuesday, April 7, 2009

EARTHQUAAAAAAKE!!!

So evidently there was an earthquake in Italy early this morning...and I slept right through it! LOL Actually, it happened in the city of L'Aquila, which is somewhat near Rome...and Rome is, I believe, about 6 hours away from us. I hear that the tremors were felt as far away as Trieste (which is significantly closer than Rome!), but being as it was at about 3:30 a.m., and that said tremors were evidently not that strong, the boys and I slept straight through all of it. We have no post-quake clean up or anything. In fact, the only reason I knew it happened was because my mom called me this morning (at about 5 hours after the fact) to see if we were okay. Otherwise, I'd have been oblivious all day! We spent the day on base; I was doing laundry and the boys were playing with a friend at the playground. So all is well here! Thank you for the concerns! :)

No comments: