Thursday, August 18, 2011

PARIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As I've said before, going to Paris has been my dream for nearly 20 years. This past weekend, thanks to Misha, I GOT TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We originally were going to take a little "mom-cation" over to the Bavaria region of Germany and visit Wollmeise (the Holy Grail of yarn shops). Unfortunately, the lodging we were planning to use was booked solid, so Misha had the idea to instead go to Paris!!! (I like the way she thinks!) Being as how every time I've tried to go before it's fallen though, I decided to not breathe a word of it to anyone. I didn't want to jinx it! It wasn't until I checked in on Facebook and posted a picture to go with it that I let anyone aside from my husband and traveling partner where I was going! (I was even convinced that the world was going to end on Friday, before I got to see the Parisian skyline...thankfully, that belief was errant!)





The first thing we did after checking in to the hotel was take a walk to see the Eiffel Tower (and we passed and saw the Arc de Triomphe on the way down).




It was amazing!!! When I turned around the corner and saw the Tower from the other side of the Seine, I started crying. In fact, I'm tearing up right now even thinking about it. It was everything I wanted, everything I expected. After we took a few pictures and saw the tower light up, we headed to a cafe off the Champs de Mars and had dinner (which, unfortunately, led to the worst part of the entire weekend...).

After dinner and some wine (very good wine!), we tried (and failed) to locate the police department to file a report about my phone. Instead, we walked down to the Statue of Liberty that's in Paris and took some photos before heading back to the hotel and turning in for the night.



TO BE CONTINUED.....

No comments: